So what is an average cost in an office renovation or relocation project?
– The following information is intended to provide a quick reference for office refurbishment costs.
– These figures are average costs only that have been provided as a guide.
– Your office refurbishment will depend on the size of your property and the level of finish. Some of the project finishes that determine this cost include the type and quality of doors, carpets, lighting, wall coverings and others.
– Design fees and VAT excluded.
– Any pricing should be confirmed with In Out Solutions ltd before placing an order.
|LEVEL OF FINISH||AVERAGE PRICE PER SQ FT|
|OFFICE FIT OUT||AVERAGE PRICE PER METER SQUARE|
|WALL FINISHES (plasterboard linings, painting)||£42|
|FLOOR FINISHES (raised floor, carpet and vinyl)||£60|
|CEILING FINISHES (suspended ceilings, repairs and redecoration of existing ceiling)||£26|
|FURNITURE AND FITTINGS||£51|
|SANITARY INSTALLATIONS (toilets, urinals, washbasins, vanity units, etc)||£30|
|WATER INSTALLATIONS (hot and cold water service and storage)||£17|
|HEAT SOURCES (gas fired boilers, flue, and pumps and heat exchanger)||£19|
Types of Fit Out
Shell and Core
These developments include fully finished landlord areas comprising main entrance and reception, lift and stair cores, lobbies and toilets. These areas are not part of the space rented to the tenant. The office floor areas are left as a shell ready for category A fit-out.
Category A (also known as Developer’s Fit Out)
This category includes suspended ceiling, a raised floor with carpet, lighting, heating, ventilation, showers, toilets.
Category B (also known as Final Fit Out)
Category B completes the fit-out to the occupier’s specific requirements. This will usually include suspended ceiling upgrades and modifications, internal partitioning, data, furniture, floor finishes (other than office carpet), upgrading reception area, conference, meeting room facilities.